- Marshall Griffith is an all-around complete musician. He has a tremendous gift and knowledge in all genres of music. He is a fine pianist, teacher, arranger and composer. Marshall is a favorite among the Beachwood community and appears regularly in a variety of programs as a soloist and with several colleagues ranging from classical to jazz. We of the Beachwood Arts Council always try to have Marshall perform for our community as often as feasible based on scheduling. As an outstanding musician, we are proud to have Marshall in our midst.
Martin Flowerman – Member Beachwood (Ohio) Arts Council
Retired bassist, The Cleveland Orchestra
- Marshall Griffith…..The Consummate Professional.
Working with Marshall for over 30 years can be summed up in one word; joy. His vast knowledge of his craft, coupled with his kind, warm demeanor just makes you smile. From private events to weddings to music for the Club, he is the person I call first. Marshall has a way of endearing himself to those he plays for, his piano speaks for him. His stellar reputation and personable ways are his business cards. Marshall is truly one of the finest pianists and entertainers around. He brings a bright light wherever he plays and really is the consummate professional.
Chris Mancuso – Past Manager of Oakwood Club and the Shoreby Club (both in Cleveland, Ohio)
- In this universe, not only might we discover exquisite jewels but also there are the rarest of gems. Dr. Marshall Griffith is one of the most talented and delightful, multi-faceted gems you will ever have the privilege and pleasure of knowing. A gifted musician, composer, scholar, entertainer, and all-around “mensch,” (the finest of humans), Dr. Griffith is beloved by every community and institution his talents and personality have come into contact with. There are the countless times I’ve been fortunate to have been in the audience, enthralled by his piano performances and presentations on a wide range of topics. And, I’ve been doubly blessed, for over 20 years, to have had opportunities to musically collaborate with Marshall. His musicality, breadth of knowledge, and endearing personality have always been a joy and an inspiration to me, my congregation, and our entire community.
Cantor Kathryn – Wolfe Sebo
The Temple-Tifereth Israel – Cleveland, Ohio
- If there is one artist that Piano Cleveland can consistently count on for their wonderfully curated programs, their dedication to the community, and their enthusiasm to explore and be a part of new projects, it would be Marshall Griffith. We are so fortunate to have been able to work so closely with Marshall over the years as we have grown as an organization and continued to develop new programs. He is always someone we look to for high-quality performances, unique programming, and his passion for piano.
Emily Shelley, Piano Cleveland
- A true master of any style of music, pianist Marshall Griffith’s versatility is what makes him such a unique and special musician. Marshall and I have collaborated for many years in many different types of settings, and his work has always been first class. Whether on stage performing with a symphony orchestra, in a jazz club, at a wedding for a ceremony or for dancing, at a church or synagogue, accompanying for everything from rock to opera, Marshall is the master. He is also known for his outstanding work as a composer as well as a teacher of jazz and music theory.
Carl Topilow Conductor, The Cleveland Pops Orchestra
- Marshall is a valued musician-in-residence at Cleveland Clinic, and an absolute pleasure to work with. His exceptional level of musicianship, and very diverse repertoire is hugely popular with patients, visitors, and caregivers alike – he is a true fan favorite! In addition to his remarkable technical skills, Marshall is trustworthy, and dependable, and his level of professionalism simply cannot be matched.
Meghan Tedrick, MHA
Administrative Program Coordinator
Cleveland Clinic Arts & Medicine
- Marshall has been playing for our seniors at Wiggins Place for many moons now. He is one of our “house favorites” and draws in the largest crowds of tenants, regardless of the time of his performances. Marshall comes prepared not just to play, but to talk about the music he is performing. Our tenants have enjoyed going to orchestras and symphonies in their past lives and Marshall delivers a caliber performance each time he plays here that makes them feel like they in their seats at Severance again! I highly recommend Marshall for any and all musical occasions!!
Tracy Derschau – Life Enrichment Director, Wiggins Place of Menorah Park
- I just wanted to thank you for your performance at our wedding at the O’Neil House. You did a fabulous job! I only wish I could have sat down and heard everything you played, but I may not have been able to get up! Thanks again, we all thought you did a wonderful job!
Kellie and Dan
- Marshall came highly recommended by colleagues of his and we found him to be very approachable and extremely easy to work with. All of our communication was done via the phone or email. In fact, my husband and I did not get to “meet” him until the day of our wedding! We had a cocktail reception and our choice of music was jazz. Marshall performed beautifully and professionally and even took requests! We were very pleased as were our guests, many of them commenting on how much they enjoyed his performance and his choice of songs.
Ruth and Tom